Announcing Obviyo: Your eCommerce Hyper-Personalization and Optimization Platform
When we started HiConversion over 10 years ago, one of the biggest problems facing every eCommerce brand was low conversion rates.
Inspired, we created a machine learning system to automate and accelerate experimentation for eCommerce. The result was a multi-patented, ‘real-time’ optimization engine – capable of detecting and adapting to shoppers on the fly.
Today, we’re sharing the beginning of a new chapter for our business: Helping eCommerce teams hyper-personalize shopping experiences, signified by our name change, Obviyo.
Because modern eCommerce has become so much more than just transactions, we’re helping eCommerce teams say goodbye to conversions and hello to customers.
The HiConversion name has carried us to where we are today. Our Adaptive Experience Optimization solutions have influenced billions of dollars of sales for some of the world’s biggest retailers, including Luxotica, L’Oreal, Proctor and Gamble, and many more.
With Obviyo, we’re introducing HyperX Cloud, a fully integrated platform delivering all three key capabilities of hyper-personalization — customer experience data platform, real-time product recommendations, and automated experience optimization. Now, you don’t need to juggle multiple technology vendors to get the most effective results and deep customer knowledge.
90% of visitors never discover a product of interest and leave your store.
Running a successful eCommerce business has become more complex than ever before. Competitors, social marketing, and mobile commerce, to name a few, have changed how you sell products online.
Shoppers expect and demand different (better) buying experiences from websites.
That’s why the average eCommerce store sees 90% of all visitors leave without discovering a product of interest.
They had a reason to visit you. People have no time to waste. So, it’s logical to find ways to tap the hidden revenue left behind.
Traditional product recommendation solutions use machine learning algorithms fueled by historical data. They attempt to uncover buying patterns and make recommendations based on those patterns to new visitors.
On paper the approach makes sense: show products to more of the same ‘look-alike’ customers.
The flaw is the historical data. Algorithms are trained to find buying patterns from existing customers to generate recommendations that appeal to returning shoppers and people like them.
That methodology still passes over 90%+ of shoppers. This got us thinking.
Hyper-Personalization: so much more than an algorithm.
Our shift to hyper-personalization was inspired by our collaboration with Amazon’s machine learning team.
Amazon’s machine learning team has pioneered personalization for over 20-years, while constantly improving the performance of algorithms on Amazon.com.
Recently, they gave other companies access to their machine learning capabilities through the Amazon Personalize service on AWS.
However, to make the most of the algorithms, you would need to invest significant time and money to integrate and build your own custom product recommendation solution.
We stepped up, building an easy-to-use application powered by Amazon Personalize. The result, top-tier recommendation algorithms to benefit merchants of any size.
But you also need the right strategy. Because 90% or more of your shoppers will never add to cart. They can’t find relevant product(s) and leave, never to return.
Going a step further, we also encoded it with layers of intelligence to maximize the potential of Amazon Personalize:
- Audience Intelligence – live audience analytics to widen the diversity of personas to serve.
- Product Intelligence – deep product metadata to expand the range of products to sell.
- Business Intelligence – unique business goals to increase profitability and improve inventory management.
- Content Intelligence – library of smart designs aimed at different types of visitors, buying signals and context.
- Device Intelligence – automating mobile-specific shopping scenarios.
- Lifecycle Intelligence – hyper-personalization throughout the customer experience.
The core capabilities that you like, plus …
With Obviyo, our goal is to democratize advanced algorithms and transform your customer data into actionable insights guided by automated intelligence. We started earlier this year with our Recommend application – a hyper-personalized product recommendation solution for Shopify and Shopify Plus. Already used by over 600 brands and getting rave, 5-star reviews.
Today’s news also includes three updated ways of using Obviyo:
- Obviyo Recommend gives Shopify & Shopify Plus brands access to the same personalized product recommendation algorithms used by Amazon.com.
- Obviyo+ gives eCommerce teams advanced web analytics, real-time adaptive experimentation, and a live customer data platform – all delivered as a premium fully managed service. So, you can put your website optimization on autopilot, without needing to rely on IT resources or hiring a whole new team.
- Obviyo+ Agency gives eCommerce agencies the ability to bring the premium power of Obviyo’s solution to their clients with a generous revenue share model. Whether you’re upgrading or starting a Hyper-Personalization or CRO program, this gives you access to top-tier machine learning, training and enablement, and co-marketing opportunities to help your grow your business and delight your clients.
And each offering is backed by the same multi-patented optimization system and elite customer service we’ve been perfecting for over a decade as HiConversion.
Give Obviyo a try, and tell us what you think.
We founded this company because we knew there is a better way to improve the eCommerce buying experience and grow new revenue from existing web traffic. We also believe any eCommerce professional – from marketing to merchandising – should be able to make customer-informed business decisions. We’re doubling down on that today as we evolve into Obviyo.
Together with you, our customer, we’ll widen the types of buying personas you serve. We’ll create lasting revenue results through your long-tail products, not marketing gimmicks. And above all, we’ll increase your profit margins. Obviyo’s HyperX Cloud is the complete hyper-personalization and optimization solution.